The City is adopting new rules for downtown parking that are set to take effect July 1. We've got your breakdown of those changes:
- The Value Zone parking meter rates will be reduced to $0.75/hour from $1/hour (50% of the Premium Zone rate of $1.50/hr) from July 1 – Dec. 31, 2020
- First hour free in all five City parking garages from July 1 – Dec. 31, 2020
- Free garage parking between 5 pm and 6 am, Monday – Friday from July 1 – Dec. 31, 2020
- Free garage parking on Saturdays and Sundays from July 1 – Dec. 31, 2020
- Parking meter validation promotion that offers a one-time validation of $3.15 per Passport Parking user account. That equals 4 hours of parking in the Value Zone and 2 hours of parking in the Premium Zone. The validation code will be effective July 1, 2020 and will be available for up to 10,000 users. The validation code is ParkSR (case sensitive). We hope this will encourage people to use their phone for parking payment and eliminate the need to touch a parking meter.
- Parking meter reservation fees will be waived for approved encroachment permits under the temporary use of the public right of way for parklets and outdoor seating through the end of the year.
Offering lower parking rates, and free garage parking at night and on weekends, encourages people to park in off-street parking facilities a little farther away from the core of downtown, freeing up prime curb spaces in the heart of downtown making it easier to find a convenient parking space.
The City will be communicating these changes to the community and providing downtown businesses with information to share with their customers.
Send this page to a friend
Show Other Stories