Call for Entries: The Four Seasons of Sonoma County Photography Contest
Santa Rosa Symphony and the Green Music Center present
The Four Seasons of Sonoma County - Santa Rosa Symphony Free Community Concert - Sunday, July 28, 2019, 7 PM - Green Music Center - Weill Hall + Lawn
A concert to celebrate the exquisite beauty of Sonoma County through the eyes of its residents. The Museum of Sonoma County is seeking photographs of Sonoma County landscapes that depict the corresponding seasons. These images will enhance Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, performed by the Santa Rosa Symphony. Selected photographs will be displayed on digital screens during this iconic ode to nature.
- Jeff Nathanson, Curator of Art and Executive Director, Museum of Sonoma County
- Michael Schwager, Professor of Art History/Gallery Director, Sonoma State University
- Neil Silverman, professional photographer
Entries will be accepted online starting on: April 9, 2019 at 9:00 am PDT
Deadline for entries: May 3, 2019 at 5:00 pm PDT
Submit photos at: https://museumsc.org/photo-contest/
Rules and Terms:
- Participants age 12-17 must have parental consent.
- This is a photography contest; all entries must be digital images or high-resolution scans of non-digital photographs.
- A maximum of 12 images may be submitted per photographer.
- Images must be high-resolution digital images.
- Images must have been taken in Sonoma County.
- Images must be of: landscape, nature, macro/close-up of nature, and wildlife.
- Images must represent a season in Sonoma County: winter, spring, summer, fall
- While edited images and composites are allowed, images should represent Sonoma County’s natural Overly Photoshopped/edited images are discouraged and may be disqualified. This is not a Photoshop contest.
- Photographers are encouraged to submit a diverse range of images to represent all four seasons.
- Images used in the performance will be selected by the panel of jurors and will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, relevance to the theme/season, and overall impact.
- Entries must be original and be the work of the photographer.
- For an image in which a person is recognizable, you must be prepared to provide a signed model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, a signed release from the subject’s parent or guardian.
- Entrants whose photos depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) must be prepared to provide a release from the rights holder.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
- Photos that contain obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by the jurors in their sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- The photographer retains the rights to the image. However, by entering the contest the photographer grants the Santa Rosa Symphony, Green Music Center, and Museum of Sonoma County non-exclusive license to publicly display the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for purposes including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the contest and concert. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The aforementioned organizations will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- All entries must be submitted online: https://museumsc.org/photo-contest/.
- Entries will not be allowed in-person or by mail or e-mail.
- Photographers of selected images will be notified using the contact information provided at the time of entry.
- High-resolution images must be submitted in jpg. or jpeg. format, edited for web sRGB color space, landscape/horizontally-oriented, at least 1080px on the shortest side at 100dpi, and no larger than 10MB.
- High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable.
- We reserve the right to disqualify incomplete entries and/or contestants who are unable to submit a high-resolution image.
- Panoramic images must not exceed a 16:9 aspect ratio. Images exceeding this ratio may be disqualified or cropped at the jurors’ discretion.
- Entries must not contain collages of multiple images and must not be altered with borders, text, or other graphic designs.
For questions or technical issues: email@example.com or (707) 579-1500 x 101 (Katie)