Work at the Chamber
Membership & Program Coordinator
Hours: Part Time - Hourly
Reports to: Vice President of Membership
Salary Range: $20/hour
Benefits: 50% Employer paid benefit for part-time Employees, 401k (Eligible after 1 year employed and minimum 1,000 hours worked in calendar year) – up to 5% match. See addendum.
Manages membership referrals, coordinates the MetroConnect program under the direction of the Chamber’s Vice President of Membership. This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week. Requires a flexible schedule working a 5-day week. This is a great opportunity for someone just starting their career in Finance, Insurance or as a Realtor. They can build on their connections while growing the North Bay's largest networking platform (our Chamber).
- Follows up on all Membership Referrals within 24hrs. Work with the VP of Membership to identify potential new Chamber members and implement a plan to grow membership
- Completes daily KPI requirements for member retention & new member outreach
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various Chamber membership levels and the benefits each provides a business
- Develop a good working knowledge of the Chamber and its various programs
- Participate as directed in such Chamber meetings and activities as required to provide an understanding of Chamber activities
- Work with the VP of Membership to develop annual goals & scope of work for MetroConnect
- Provide administrative support for all MetroConnect groups by helping to create agendas, attend group meetings, maintain membership database, annual billing and support various committees.
- Promote MetroConnect within the community and recruit new members
- Plan manage and ensure execution of all Metro Connect special events including but not limited to preparing and distributing marketing materials, contacting event sponsors, maintaining records of event information and helping with set up and tear down.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the business community
- Experienced knowledge of Windows, MS Office, Outlook, Excel, social media platforms and database management programs
- Event coordination experience a plus
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Must have current driver’s license and clear DMV record
Personal Holidays/Chamber Observed Holidays
- Hire date prior to 1/1 = 2 personal holidays; prior to 7/1 = 1 personal holiday
- Two weeks accrues during year 1; Three weeks/year accrues after 1-year anniversary; continues to increase at 5-year anniversary per schedule in Employee Handbook.
- Accrual begins immediately upon hire; available for use at 90 days
Medical Health Insurance (must be in place by 90th day)
- 100% Employer paid benefit for full-time Employees – enter plan 1st of the month within 90 days as applicable (Kaiser & Sutter available as of this writing)
- Pro-rated portion of Employer paid benefit for part-time employees working minimum 20 hrs. or more.
- Dependent coverage available at Employee Cost
AFLAC (Various options available at Employee Cost – requires minimum 20 hr/wk position to be eligible – see AFLAC representative for current plan options and premiums)
ACCE Benefits (90 days – requires minimum 25 hr/wk position to be eligible)
- Life Insurance (Employer Paid) – 1.5 times employee annual salary
- LTD Insurance (Employer Paid)
- Dental/Vision (Employee Paid; dependents eligible at employee cost – enter plan 1st day of month following 90 days)
401k (Eligible after 1 year employed and minimum 1,000 hours worked in calendar year)
- As of this writing, Employee may enroll the first of the month following their 90 days
- As of this writing, Employer contributes a matching percentage of employee contribution up to 5%.
Interested parties, please email BretG@SantaRosaMetroChamber.com.