Work at the Chamber
Santa Rosa Downtown District – Executive Director
The Santa Rosa Downtown District (District) is governed by the Downtown Action Organization (DAO), a 501c3 non-profit comprised of property owners in Downtown Santa Rosa. A Board of Directors of property and business owners ensures services are delivered timely and effectively. Under contract, the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber provides day-to-day staff support for the District and DAO.
Established by the Santa Rosa City Council following a vote of the property owners, the District exists to provide services above and beyond city services to make Downtown Santa Rosa cleaner, more inviting for tourists and residents, provide connections to services for the homeless population, address public nuisance issues, and to help enliven Courthouse Square.
Executive Director Opportunity
Supervised by the CEO of the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber and accountable to the District Board of Directors, the Executive Director will act with significant autonomy and authority to realize the purpose of the Santa Rosa Downtown District. The Executive Director will have strong financial and budgeting skills, superior project management capabilities, and will demonstrate political acumen along with the ability to build relationships and trust amongst property and business owners in the District. The Executive Director will be visible and active in day-to-day activities in Downtown as well as major events. The Executive Director will not have subordinate staff, but will work in a team environment at the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber Offices.
Major responsibilities include:
- Contract management of an existing contract with StreetPlus, a service and safety provider, including budget, staffing, and goal/deliverable tracking and accountability. Additional service contracts are likely, which will require a similar successful management approach.
- District budget development and management.
- Coordination of administrative support for the District, including scheduling, agenda setting, and professional input for District committees and Board.
- Experience with government agencies and non-profits. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Santa Rosa City staff, elected officials, and local non-profit service providers.
- Provide a strong and trusted role in coordinating information between the City of Santa Rosa and the District Board.
- Experience developing and reviewing request for proposals (RFPs), and for responding to service, grant, and other funding related opportunities.
- Demonstrated fundraising ability, including event coordination a plus.
- Successful experience interacting with local media, including developing press releases and being interviewed by radio, print, and television.
- Strong communication skills, including community presentations, social media management, and presentation content development. Maintain consistent communication with businesses and property owners in the District.
- Familiarity with event management. Experience with events in public spaces is a plus.
- Bilingual/bicultural a plus.
Physical demands include regular movement inside and outside of the office environment, operating computer and other office machinery (i.e. calculator, copy machine, computer printer), ascend/descend stairs, converse with a varied audience, observe deficiencies in the cleanliness of the district, transport materials to and from the office environment up to 50 lbs. and occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The Executive Director will be an Exempt employee of the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber, and receive excellent benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, a retirement matching program, and competitive holiday and paid leave schedule. Salary is negotiable based on experience, and expected to be approximately $65,000 per year.
Interested parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org