Sonoma County Pride is seeking a part-time bookkeeper.
The bookkeeper reports to the Executive Officers of the organization. The bookkeeper will perform accounting operations and banking functions of the organization. Operations range from accounts payable and receivable, generating various reports and general bookkeeping and filing. Except for the period around our Pride festival (May-June) these duties should only require a few hours per month.
- Perform overall bookkeeping tasks associated with A/R and A/P
- Prepare various reports (bank balances, transfers, specific grant and financial reports as requested by the board of directors)
- Provide basic financial information and reporting to executive officers
- Advise executive team in preparation for yearly budget
- Prepare tax donation letters
- Maintain files and other clerical duties
- Attend quarterly meetings including the annual meeting in October or November
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience as a bookkeeper and knowledge of nonprofit organizations
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office applications (Word and Excel) and QuickBooks Online
- Knowledge of on-line payment processors
- Understanding of accounting principles and standards of nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of website backend admin/acct functions preferred
- Knowledge of business and organizational practices
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with executive team of the organization
- Self-motivation and creativity
Sonoma County Pride’s organizational culture values a passion for LGBTQ history and culture, humor, kindness and respect in interpersonal relationships, working hard and effectively, and a commitment to winning.
Sonoma County Pride is seeking an independent contractor for a 1-year term, which may be renewable. The pay for this work-from-home or personal office part-time contract position is negotiable. Sonoma County Pride supports equal opportunity. People living with HIV/AIDS or other disabilities, people of color and people who are bilingual/bicultural are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume, a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the job by September 15, 2018 to JD@SonomaCountyPride.org. No calls please. Subject line: Bookkeeper Application